– Call Me RemY –
I am a graphic designer from Chicago. I began my career in 2007 at the world-famous Museum of Science and Industry. I’ve learned that all good design has one thing in common: legibility. Unsexy as it sounds, this has been the tentpole of my design work. My job is to make sure information is clear, easy to find and fun to look at.
– Education –
BachelorS of Fine Arts
2007 \\ International Academy of Design and Technology, Chicago
- Advertising and Design
– Experience –
Museum of Science and Industry
2013 \\ Graphic Designer III
- Lead designer for temporary and permanent exhibitions.
2012 \\ Production Associate
- Manage graphic design and production for exhibitions and facilities operations .
2008 \\ Production Assistant
- Design, produce and install exhibit and facilities signage.
– PROJECTS –
2015 – 2016 \\ ShipS Gallery
- Overhauling the graphics and content of the ships exhibition.
2014 – 2015 \\ MATERIALS SCIENCE
- Everything is made of something; an obtuse premise requiring framing. I provided a clean modular style and design, optimized for life after the Museum.
2008 – 2013 \\ Temporary Exhibitions
- I have been able to step inside each respective brand and help create a cohesive visual voice that dynamically blends all involved entities.
- Charles Schulz
- Dr. Seuss
- Walt Disney
- Body Worlds
- Things Come Apart
- Mythbusters: The Explosive Exhibition
2010 – 2014 \\ Christmas Around the World
- The tradition of CATW has been celebrated at MSI since 1942. Since I’ve helmed this institution I juggled it’s rich history, the theming of the holiday’s temporary exhibition and my own voice.
- Redesigned the annual Holiday Shop façade
- 70th Anniversary Retrospective
2008 – 2016 \\ MSI Flight School
- Created the theme and identity for Pulseworks flight simulators in the Transportation Gallery.
2011 – 2014 \\ Graphic User Interface
- YOU! The Experience Virtual Heart app
- Science Storms GoReact Periodic Table app
- Exhibition Sales & Licensing kiosk
- Ticket & Postcard Kiosks
2011 – 2015 \\ Pop-up events
- Trade Shows
- Yorktown Mall
- Water Tower Place
- Hyatt Regency Chicago
- University of Chicago William Eckhardt Research Center
- Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago
– Software –
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS
– Additionally –
I write. I love writing. Creating characters and narratives and universes with their own rules and mechanations is an unparalleled experience. Using those pieces to craft a coherent and satisfying narrative is the closest to godliness one can feel.
Thank you for your time.
Download the PDF